The Ottawa Police Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) wants you to get involved in policing by helping with decisions, projects and events that matter.
Are you under 24 and interested in sharing ideas and working together with police for a safer Ottawa?
We are recruiting for the Youth Advisory Committee (YAC), and we want you to get involved in policing by helping with decisions, projects and events that matter.
Join YAC today!
Apply by October 31
Reasons to join:
- Bring your voice to policing – we want to hear your ideas, issues, and suggestions
- Work as a team with others and police to help make Ottawa safer
- Make new friends
- Help make the OPS more youth-friendly
- Become more aware of youth issues and get involved in solutions
- Build your social skills and résumé, free food, bus tickets, and other perks!
Email YAC@ottawapolice.ca or call 613-236-1222, ext. 8676!
1. How many people will be selected for YAC?
Approximately 10 people – age 24 and under – will be selected to sit on the YAC committee along with existing members, as well as up to three police members.
2. When should I expect to hear back?
You should hear back from us by December about whether or not you are selected to be a part of the current YAC.
3. When and where are meetings?
Currently, meetings occur biweekly at Ottawa Police Headquarters (474 Elgin St.), but meeting venue can flexible depending on the needs of the majority of the committee.
4. How much time will I need to commit to YAC?
We estimate that the YAC will require those selected to give 4-5 hours per month.
Contact: 613-236-1222 ext 8676
You are here: ottawapolice.ca/YAC