Before you do any home renovations - DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
Don't throw away your money by signing a contract with any company unless you have checked them out first.
Remember, the cheapest quote doesn't guarantee the best work or buy you the best materials. It also doesn't ensure that experienced people are doing the work.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK
- Are they listed in the phone book or with 411?
- Are they listed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)?
- Do they have a physical location OR are they a cell phone operation?
- Do they have a good reputation in the community?
- Can they offer clear, concise contracts?
- Can you reach them at the numbers they provide?
Don't sign a contract unless you are satisfied the quote they provided is reasonable for the work you want completed.
You can be more confident of the quote if you obtain quotes from more than one company.
There is nothing wrong with comparison-shopping to ensure you're getting a fair price.
If you are feeling pressured to sign a contract - STOP - take your time and check them out.
If you are told it is a limited time offer and you need to sign right away, consider dealing with someone else.
- Reputable companies do not use pressure tactics.
- Reputable companies know that pressure tactics and shady business practices destroy their business.
- Reputable companies do not disappear overnight.
BE SURE BEFORE YOU SIGN!