Youth In Policing Initiative (YIPI)
As part of the Ontario Government’s YOUTH ACTION PLAN, the Ministry of Children and Youth Services has funded successful youth opportunity initiatives to address the growing needs of our youth
The Youth In Policing Initiative is an employment program with the Ottawa Police Service for youth 15-18 years of age and attending a secondary school program. The goal of the Youth in Policing Initiative is to give young people an opportunity to develop job skills while enhancing police and community relations. The program is for interested youth with leadership potential including those who may experience barriers to success and would benefit from this unique opportunity.
From July to August 2013, approximately 35 hours per week the participants will work in various Sections of the Ottawa Police Service, support community initiatives and learn valuable life and employment skills. They will also have a working relationship with a number of valuable youth-serving organizations in Ottawa. Youth in Policing Initiative Mandate:
- To promote youth participation in the work environment through diverse, educational and productive work assignments;
- To enhance the relationship between the police and the youth we serve;
- To provide positive employment opportunities for youth;
- To promote the Ottawa Police Service as an employer of choice.
Find out more on Facebook!
YIPI participant - Applicant Criteria (YIPI Applicant's Job Description):
Eligible to work in Canada;
Between 15 and 18 years of age for the duration of the program;
Must be a registered full-time student (in a secondary educational program) during the 2013/2014 academic year
Resident of Ottawa;
Successfully complete the recruitment/background check process.
*Applications for YIPI student positions are being accepted from Feb 11 to Feb 22, 2013.
YIPI Coordinator - Applicant Criteria (YIPI Coordinator's Job Description):
- Eligible to work in Canada
- At minimum, must have completed successfully one year of a post-secondary education program and be returning to a post-secondary education program full-time in 2013/2014
- Successfully complete the recruitment/background check process.
*Applications for YIPI Coordinator positions are being accepted from Feb 11 to Mar 1, 2013.
For more information, please contact:
Tom Patrick, Youth Section by
View YIPI poster