Online Purchases or Sale of Items
Recent events have occured where individuals have meeting with someone to either purchase an item or sell one and they then become the victim of a robbery. Items for sale or purchase tend to be cell phones, other electronic goods or jewelry.
Safety Tips for purchasing or selling items:
- Meet persons during the daytime hours and keep those meetings to public areas;
- Do not bring large amounts of cash to complete the transaction at that initial meeting;
- Let someone know when and where you are meeting these individuals;
- If after the initial meeting you are confident in the person you are dealing with a second meeting in a public area should be made to complete the transaction;
- Confirm that the items you are purchasing are in fact genuine;
- Never agree to complete transaction in obscure locations or at individual residences; and
- Buyers should be wary of items priced at extremely low prices, they may be stolen and subject to police seizure and investigation.